[Mageia-dev] Last.fm-Scrobbler

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 23:37:30 CET 2013

Götz Waschk <goetz.waschk at ...> writes:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM, David Walser <luigiwalser at ...> wrote:
> > As for the player, you don't really need a freeze push as it should be
> > somewhere
> > else in SVN.  lastfm-player is what we currently have, but the new thing is a
> > new application called lastfm-desktop.  You don't need a freeze exception for
> > a new package.
> Why that? It is just the new version of the old player with a redesign.

The tarball has a different name, so I would have left lastfm-player alone
(as it should still work too), and packaged the new one as a new package.

Also, the developers say the new one is kind of still getting feedback and kinks
worked out and so on, so I'd think it'd be better to have both available for now.