[Mageia-dev] [RFC] rsyslog vs journalctl

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:20:50 CET 2013

Le 07/02/2013 12:40, AL13N a écrit :
>> 'Twas brillig, and David Walser at 06/02/13 18:28 did gyre and gimble:
> [...]
>> What I guess we could to to avoid putting rsyslog on the physical media
>> would be to put a versioned conflicts in the main systemd package with
>> rsyslog and syslog-ng. Thus the old packages should be removed when
>> upgrading (AIUI).
>
> not a really good idea imho, i have a server which uses rsyslog for
> network remote syslogging... so upgrading that would break this.
Indeed.

Just because journal is installed (no choice here) shouldn't prevent to
install a real syslog-daemon. I'd rather introduce another virtual
package, such as syslog-daemon-minimal (or anything else), and lower the
dependencies of basesystem to just require this last one.

--
BOFH excuse #341:

HTTPD Error 666 : BOFH was here