[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: webmin

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:14:06 CET 2013

http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20130207174317.boklm.valstar.2001/log/webmin-1.620-1.mga3/build.0.20130207174404.log

> Thanks, I can reproduce this now.  I still don't know how to fix it.
>
> It also happens with 1.610 which is already in Cauldron, and as a matter of
> fact it failed in the mass rebuild as well.

OK, in /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh, in the # Strip ELF binaries part, in
the find | file | sed | xargs | (while loop) pipeline it ends up with an empty
list of files after the sed, because there are no ELF binaries in the package.
For some reason, that causes it to exit with an exit status of 1.

Shouldn't it already know there won't be any ELF binaries since the package is
marked BuildArch: noarch, and not be running find-debuginfo.sh in the first
place?