[Mageia-dev] nss-ldap missing ?

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Fri Feb 8 01:41:02 CET 2013

On 02/07/2013 11:44 PM, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 07/02/2013 18:07, Pascal Terjan a écrit :
>>> Is nss_ldap in the non-building package list, or is it deprecated
>>> and there is now another method to use ldap for authentication ?
>>
>> It was broken (new automake + undefined reference to
>> `__libc_lock_*) and when investigating I found that it is dead and
>> removed from several distros with suggestions to use nss-pam-ldapd
>> (Fedora commit removing it also mentions sssd)
> BTW, if nss_ldap has been dropped, we could also drop pam_ldap, I
> don't much interest of allowing to authenticate users unknown from
> the system...

Not _could_, but _should_. Currently pam_ldap requires nss_ldap, that
is not in the repos no more (not only not rebuilt, but absent....)
And if mcc/drakxtools can be used to configure ldap, migrate everything
to nss-pam-ldapd...

bran:~# urpmi pam_ldap
A requested package cannot be installed:
pam_ldap-186-4.mga3.i586 (due to unsatisfied nss_ldap[>= 217])
Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
While some packages may have been installed, there were failures.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...