[Mageia-dev] GNOME apps

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 10 13:11:23 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and David Walser at 09/02/13 22:51 did gyre and gimble:
> tmb recently requested that the vinagre, vino, and eog apps (currently development 3.7 versions) be rolled back to the stable versions.
>
> This sounds sensible to me, but what is the plan for GNOME for Mageia 3?  I had been under the impression that we would stick with 3.6, but
> Sebastian insisted on IRC that the Council had decided to go with 3.8.  I don't know how that would work as it would mean it would be updated
> at the last minute and not tested.

FWIW, I was under the imporession we would be sticking with 3.6. There
are some changes in 3.8 that might make it a bit tricker to use it (i.e.
what to do with fallback support etc.) without further testing and
support (e.g. ensuring the llvm rendering works well enough on older h/w)

Will be interesting to see if this situation has changed (in general I
like the idea of 3.8 being pushed, but perhaps this should be done later
as an update should there be a general consensus on that).