[Mageia-dev] Broken ibus-anthy on Mageia2?

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 08:38:32 CET 2013

Hello,

I don't remember any recent update on ibus or anthy (but also I don't
always put particular attention to all the updates), but I can't use it
anymore.

ibus still works. I have other input methods like the Korean one, which
still work. But when I try to switch to the Anthy input method (whatever by
the usual shortcut or by clicking with the mouse the Anthy input in the
contextual menu), I can't seem to make it work either (ibus just hangs for
like 30 seconds, then goes back to previous input).
I tried to restart ibus, no luck either there. It didn't change a thing
(once it even crashed apparently because it did not come back up again).

I also tried in various applications where it usually works (Firefox,
LibreOffice, Konsole, etc.) to be sure that was not related somehow to the
toolkit. Same everywhere.

And now I am unsure of how to diagnose.
Could someone help me?
Also how do you check which packages have recently be installed to make
sure of regressions in some package?

I really need to be able to write Japanese, and now that's kind of really
blocking to me. ;-(
Thanks!

Jehan