[Mageia-dev] cyrus-imapd

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Feb 27 16:32:01 CET 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Thomas Spuhler wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:38:57 AM Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Hiya Thomas,
> >
> > Firstly, thanks for taking time to update cyrus-imapd a while back. It's
> > a horrible package with lots of "gotchas".
> >
> > Sadly, I've just recently been bitten by fallout due to some of the many
> > dropped patches when you updated the package to the 2.4 series in this
> > commit:
> > http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/cyrus-imapd/current/SPECS/cyrus-
> > imapd.spec?r1=130115&r2=196262
>

> > What the commit message said was:
> > "upgrade to 2.4.13"
>
> Colin thanks for the fixes. I assumed most of the problems were solved with the update.
> I commented them out first ( so they could easily be re-added) and would have expected some bug
> reports if they would cause a problem. Since none were reported, I removed them later.

The commit message should have mentioned what was done.

And it's not a good thing to blindly remove possibly useful patches and
expect users to report problems, without any warning or request for
tests on the mailing list ...

Also, removing the patches from the %prep section but not from the
SOURCES directory or spec headers makes it difficult to see that the
patches are no longer applied. Removed patches should be removed
completly.

And if commenting macros, you should do it by replacing '%' with '#' as
only adding # at the beginning of the line will still expand the macro.