[Mageia-dev] Frequent freezes in M2

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Jan 3 13:57:35 CET 2013

Op donderdag 3 januari 2013 10:48:07 schreef Robert Wood:
> The first thing I do on a fresh install is uninstall it. It's a truly
> awful piece of software! That and the akandi thing just render the whole
> system unusable; no-one's ever managed to explain what it's for or how
> it might benefit me. I can't see the downside of it being uninstalled.

well, akonadi on it's own, while memory hungry, is not that bad; even though
it can definately improve. but nepomuk (which is an indexer) definately indexes
quite badly and takes more memory and the searches don't work well after
all...

if i have a big file that's being rsynced into my home dir for instance, it
constantly changes and then my system becomes unusable after some time.

i haven't quite uninstalled it, but disabled file indexing for now. hoping that
it becomes fixed later on...