[Mageia-dev] weird dependencies that i've seen

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Jan 5 01:24:36 CET 2013

Op vrijdag 4 januari 2013 21:13:57 schreef Angelo Naselli:
> Il 04/01/2013 18:45, AL13N ha scritto:
> > 6. about gwenview, does it actually use these kipi-plugins all the
> > time? does it use all of them, or just some kipi-plugins (if they
> > are available). if latter, it might be better to suggest the
> > specific ones alone, instead of all of them.
>
> gwenview adds at start-up all the installed plugins under plugins menu.
> Does it use them all? Well it depends on users more than gwenview
> itself, so yes suggest it's correct, if we added require it could have
> been correct as well, but i think it has been left to suggest to allow
> kde livecd building that is already too big.

i guess it makes sense in that case. however, i wasn't asking to make it a
requirement, i was just thinking (unsure) if it should be changed to just a
few of the kipi-plugins if it used only a few. (instead of all)

but wrt to livecd, iinm i've heard that this was only so in the past and
doesn't matter now. but i can be wrong on this, and in any case for this, it
doesn't matter.