[Mageia-dev] PHP treadsafe

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Jan 5 18:20:35 CET 2013

If nobody objects I am going to rebuild php treadsafe (--enable-maintainer-zts)
it is needed for running apache with mpm-module-worker instead of prefork and php
apache module worker is needed by 389-ds. It is now declared as stable.

But apache mpm-prefork starts with php compiled treadsafe
apache mpm-worker doesn't start with php compiled none-treadsafe

There isn't a lot about this in the documentation and most articles on the web relate to php in
windows.

we are still in b1 and if serious problems surface, we could go back to none treadsafe

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler