[Mageia-dev] problem with %_smp_mflags in Cauldron

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Sun Jan 6 15:44:08 CET 2013

Pierre-Malo Deniélou a écrit :
> Le 06/01/13 13:19,philippe makowski nous adresse ces quelques mots :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a build fail in Cauldron
>> (http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/autobuild/cauldron/x86_64/core/log/python-cairo-1.10.0-3.mga3.src.rpm/build.0.20130104032637.log)
>>
>> because  %python3_waf is resolved as /usr/bin/waf-3.3 build -l12 -j12
>>
>> and I don't understand why
>>
>> we have  in /etc/rpm/macros.d/waf-python3.macros :
>>
>> %python3_waf		%__python3_waf build %_smp_mflags
>> and
>> %__python3_waf	%{_bindir}/waf-%{python3_version}
>>

>> so why getting  /usr/bin/waf-3.3 build -l12 -j12
>> instead of   /usr/bin/waf-3.3 build -j12
>>
>> from where come this -l that is not supported by waf (waf-3.3: error:
>> no such option: -l)
>
> I believe the answer is in how the autobuild is done:
> http://fasmz.org/~pterjan/blog/?date=20130103#p01
>
> The parameters are not exactly the same as the ones on the build system.
>
> Cheers,

There was the same problem for lv2 with the autobuild system...
lv2 uses waf too !

It could correctly build on the Build System but failed with autobuild,
for the same reason

A workaround consists to modify the spec file :
replace "./waf  %{?_smp_mflags}" with simply "./waf build"

but it will take more time to build    :(

A contrario :
Ardour3 that uses waf can be built without any problem with the
autobuild system :
the spec file contains symply ; ./waf build

Nevertheless, the autobuild system is now different from the
BuildSystem, and I don't know if it's useful to modify your spec file,
to be compliant with the autobuild, not knowing for now if the same
modification will be applied inside the BS.

NB some programs ask to use their own bundled version of waf... which
means that modifying Mageia waf-rpm and the waf-python3.macros will not
solve the problem of the smp_flags for them.

Regards
Philippe