[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release ppp-2.4.5-11.mga3

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sun Jan 6 19:16:32 CET 2013

On Sunday 6. January 2013 11.57, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> In spec file.
> This ensures we end with both obsoletes & provides tags

The reason I didn't do that, is that I think it might not obsolete te current version, as the «replacement package» have an «older» vversion number than te one being obsoleted.
Specifically, rp-pppoe-plugin have version 3.10, but ppp-pppoe that's replacing it have version 2.4.5. So the %rename tag will not even obsolete a 12 year old package. (rp-pppoe v2.5 was released in 2000)

That is how I've understood the %rename tag.
So the way I see it, I should just add a Provides tag.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324