[Mageia-dev] outdated packages missed by youri

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:07:41 CET 2013

Le 06/01/2013 23:04, David Walser a écrit :
> In honor of the upcoming version freeze in Cauldron (this week according to current planning), I went looking for packages with newer versions available, that are NOT seen by our youri tool, and therefore will not be seen here:
> http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/updates.html
>
> Because of that, some of you may be interested in some of these packages and be unaware that newer versions are available.
>
> I compiled the list over the past two days, and queried the Sophie bot for the maintainers, so they're listed below by the IRC log.  Sorry if you're on IRC and got pinged 50 times this weekend :o)
>
> As far as why youri missed these,
Just because it is not configured to check those data sources... A
simple parser for directory content would be enough, as for instance the
Fedora source, before its optimisation to use repodata content:
http://www.zarb.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/youri/soft/check/branches/0.10/lib/Youri/Check/Test/Updates/Source/Fedora.pm?revision=2359&view=markup

BTW, the software refered to is 'youri-check', not 'youri'...

--
BOFH excuse #76:

Unoptimized hard drive