[Mageia-dev] Boot borked cause procfs :((

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Jan 8 13:11:13 CET 2013

Hi...

After updating cauldron to latest packages, I rebuilt manually the boot
initrd with dracut -f. After that, the system does not boot:

mount: /proc: filesystem mounted, but mount(8) failed: No such file or directory
Cannot mount proc on /proc! Compile the kernel with CONFIG_PROC_FS!

And then a kernel panic...

I think that I have boxes that boot because I have not rebuilt the initrd,
but I don't dare to try one other :).

Any ideas o how to debug/fix this ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...