[Mageia-dev] Booting on GPT + UEFI + Secure Boot...

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Tue Jan 8 18:50:56 CET 2013

* Pascal Terjan (pterjan at gmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Olivier Thauvin
> <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> wrote:
> > The system is installed with grub2-efi but the boot failed with all
> > kernel I've tried: "cannot mount /proc" - "mount return error, no such
> > file or directory".
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> Yes, it seems a cauldron bug :)

Well I worked around the problem using by force util-linux from mga2 in
rescue mode.

So some notes here about installer, in my case legacy grub1 was not
usuable so I used grub2 + efi.

Two things are need:
- detect the fat32 partition containing EFI/ directory if any or create
  it, copy on it the grub2-efi boot code (done %post of grub2)
- enabling the grub2 boot code, this step is also done in %post fo
  grub2-efi but it doesn't work in rescue mode because 'efivars' kernel module is not load

Once this is done the grub2 configuration is perfectly updated when I
install a new kernel.

I can boot windows or mageia by setting the boot order in UEFI.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS