[Mageia-dev] ANN: Help us to make Mageia 3 a successfull release

Anne Nicolas ennael1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:35:45 CET 2013

Dear fellow packagers

Some important information for coming weeks, until final release:

- See new planning as already mentionned in a previous mail
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_3_development#Development_Planning
We will start to work on Beta 2 isos this we.

- version freeze: it's planned for tonight. It means no new version will
be allowed after. Only release updates can be done. If you want to see
an exception for version freeze please mail here why we should accept it

- mass rebuild: it will start after version freeze is on. pterjan will
inform you about it. It should take about one day to have all rebuilt,
increasing release number first.
As a reminder have a look on http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/autobuild/ for
the results.

************************
After proposal during yesterdays meeting, all packages that failed to
rebuild and not fixed before final release will be removed from distro.
Please help us to review them even if you are not the maintainer.
************************

- release critical bugs: have a look on
https://bugs.magleia.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=P1

What is a release critical bug ?  We could define it as a bug that makes
official iso hardly usable and that cannot be fixed through further
updates.

This list will be reviewed every week until final release. This is
important to avoid fixing it 2 weeks before in a hurry (which happened
in both previous releases). We will poke packagers and testers so that
we can get some fix quite quickly.

Again happy new year 2013, keep on the good work !

Cheers

--
Anne
http://mageia.org