[Mageia-dev] Kernel Panic after latest Mageia-3-Alpha2 s/w update c

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jan 12 13:39:32 CET 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:29:00 -0500, Frank Griffin wrote:

> It sounds like you don't really have the new packages installed.

  Oh yes I have!  I installed the offered s/w update:

    glib  v2.17
    glibc-devel  v2.17
    meta-task v3

- before re-booting and then running the:
           bootloader-config --action rebuild-initrds

> In rebuilding all of your initrds with the old flawed code, you borked
> them all.

  But it was with the *new* code, though it still borked them all..:-((

> Check bug#8614 and follow the directions in the comments
> at the  bottom.

   Looked at that, but I think I'm past the 'chroot' approach now.
I've downloaded the Beta1 DVD.iso and will first try an Update as that
should be quicker (as someone has just suggested)

--
/\/\aurice