[Mageia-dev] Unable to complete update rtkit package and system failure

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:58:44 CET 2013

I had a machine installed mga3 alpha3 and wanna update

it to catch up. But the update sequence stopped at rtkit

package and it just down go on for about 1 hr.

If I kill the update process and go on, even though

it seemed to go smooth to do another urpmi  --auto-update ,

but then I lost ability to login/access filesystem then

total failure of the desktop. I still can change the tty1~tty7

but I can do nothing: only the mouse move, but no way to control

anything or login into textmode.

Anyone please check it?