[Mageia-dev] Help needed: rpmlint checks not working

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 16 11:10:03 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 13/01/13 13:26 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and AL13N at 12/01/13 21:42 did gyre and gimble:
>> Op zaterdag 12 januari 2013 22:24:35 schreef AL13N:
>>> Op zaterdag 12 januari 2013 16:43:09 schreef Colin Guthrie:
>>> [..]

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> i'll try and fix xen for both
>>
>> it seems for xen, it doesn't seem so standard. fedora ghosted those 3, so i
>> did that too.
>
> Ghosting achieves very little in this case. Does xen automatically
> create those directories happily without the need for tmpfiles? If so
> I'd personally not package them at all (as it just continues to show up
> in the list generated by the urpmf command listed earlier as a false
> positive).

Seems fedora also added tmpfiles support as well as ghosting - I've now
fixed that up in the xen package.

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages?view=revision&revision=388627

I also dropped the ghosting. At least for now I don't see how it creates
any significant advantage that is worth the overhead.

> So, question. Does xen actually work? There appears to be no tmpfiles in
> it and thus I don't see what creates those folders unless xen does it
> internally (i.e. like gdm does).
>
> Can you confirm it's OK without tmpfiles and I'll manually filter it out
> of my urpmf command. If you also feel there is no real point in ghosting
> here specifically and not in any of the other packages, please do remove
> the ghosts as it'll save that manual filtering.

So this was apparently broken (as per TV's tests at least).

As mentioned above, I've now added the tmpfiles snippets to create those
folders. Fingers crossed that fixes it :)

Cheers