[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xen-4.2.1-2.mga3

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Jan 16 21:02:40 CET 2013

Op woensdag 16 januari 2013 10:06:19 schreef Colin Guthrie:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 16/01/13 09:53 did gyre and gimble:
> > Cool, so I had this still on my list to check. Seems the "fix" (which
> > was just ghosting the files) wasn't correct and as I mentioned in a
> > previous mail about tmpfiles stuff, it would be wise to check the Xen
> > package to see what was done about adding tmpfiles support.
> >
> > AL13n reckoned that fedora just ghosted the files, but on closer
> > inspection they do also add tmpfiles support...
> >
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/xen.git/tree/tmpfiles.d.xen.conf
> >
> > I'll fix it up.
>
> Should be fixed by:
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages?view=revision&revision=388627
>
> (assuming that the error really was about that file :D)
>
> Col

i kind of doubt it, it looks more like xc isn't available (xenconsole?)
(thanks anyway, colin :-) )

btw: @tv, any reason why you're using xend? the xl toolchain doesn't require
xend at all.

i was planning on removing xm and xend support.

perhaps closer should be to find out what libvirtd isn't working?

of course, i did ask to maintain this, but it isn't easy for me to actually
test it :-(. i had planned to test this at work, but other work has made me
unable to actually run it for a while...

anyway, i had to patch some stuff about xenconsole, but maybe i should take a
closer look into what other patches fedora has. well, i should at least try to
find some hardware i can use for this.

also, i had planned on dropping internal qemu, but it upstream told me to wait
for the next major version.

if anyone can help me out with xen, i'd appreciate it.

@tv:
 - did you manually make another boot entry in grub with the hypervisor as
kernel and the kernel as module and the initrd as another module? (that is
necessary)
 - could you check if the xl command does work?
 - could you possibly give logs for libvirtd (and maybe do: 'systemctl list-
units' ?)

thanks a bunch