[Mageia-dev] Grub2 vs. Grub Legacy in M3 (was: Feedback on Mageia 3 beta1)

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:51:50 CET 2013

On 18 January 2013 12:42, Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:09:41 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
>
>> As Grub2 devs all but insist Grub2 must be installed to the MBR,
>
>   I had overlooked that restriction. Another black mark for GRUB2...
>
>> it is not yet a viable option for me as a Grub Legacy replacement,
>
>    +1
>
> --
> /\/\aurice

The above reason don't apply to me that much, however, my experience
with grub2 and the general installation of other OS's ala Fedora 18 i
have found the process to be far more complex the Mageia's offering. I
feel that we should stay with grub-legacy until such a point where the
install looks as smooth as it does with grub-legacy.

>From an artwork point of view, I find it to also be a blocker for this
as we still don't have the background for MGA3, and I don't know if we
have anyone who can do the processing required for grub2....