[Mageia-dev] What's the point of the latest nvidia update?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Sat Jan 19 20:37:28 CET 2013

Op zaterdag 19 januari 2013 17:59:32 schreef Claire Robinson:
> On 19/01/13 17:52, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM, AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> >> if for mga2 you want a newer driver you should ask for a backport
> >> request, ie: to have 310 on mga2 as well.
> >>
> >> plz file such requests at https://bugs.mageia.org/
> >
> > This means that backports at last are opened ??
>
> http://is.gd/RPG8NO

this blocks backports, but this has been decided to fix soon-ish.

so, soon backports is opened (hopefully), but perhaps sooner if there are more
backport requests.

be advised that asking for a backport means you in combination with maintainer
will have make sure you have at least 2 people (i586/x86_64) who can QA test
it for QA validation. (since we could use more help on QA when we're opening
backports).

i think your request is a sensible one and hope you're willing to help out to
get it into mga2.

I would advise you if you find those people to state so in the bug report.

The, hopefully that bug will be finished and backports will be opened.