[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: stompserver (for new ruby version)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 20 17:03:12 CET 2013

Hi,

In order to fix the runtime dir stuff in stompserver, it needed a lot of
work to make the package build and pass it's tests.

Firstly it seems no longer able to cope with newer ruby, so I switched
it to the newer stompserver_ng which has ruby 1.9+ compatibility.

This needed a new dep, ruby-uuid which in turn needed ruby-macaddr which
in turn needed ruby-systemu.

It now builds and I've written a systemd unit for it such that it starts
and stops successfully.

I didn't test it further than that, but it's certainly better than the
current version which even without the runtime dir problems in the
package, doesn't run with our ruby.