[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release python-distribute-0.6.34-3.mga3

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Thu Jan 24 04:22:57 CET 2013

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 03:29:30 PM Pascal Terjan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM, spuhler <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> wrote:
> > Name        : python-distribute            Relocations: (not relocatable)
> > Version     : 0.6.34                            Vendor: Mageia.Org
> > Release     : 3.mga3                        Build Date: Wed Jan 23
> > 20:48:19 2013 Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
> > jonund.mageia.org Group       : Development/Python            Source
> > RPM: (none)
> > Size        : 646093                           License: Zope Public
> > License (ZPL) Signature   : (none)
> > Packager    : spuhler <spuhler>
> > URL         : http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute
> > Summary     : Python Distutils Enhancements
> > Description :
> > A collection of enhancements to the Python distutils that allow
> > you to more easily build and distribute Python packages, especially
> > ones that have dependencies on other packages.
> >
> > spuhler <spuhler> 0.6.34-3.mga3:
> > + Revision: 391715
> > - removed the python-pkg-resources package
> >
> >   moved the two files into the main package
> >   It interferes with the python-setuptools package
>
> This broke the build system
>
> A requested package cannot be installed:
> rpm-mageia-setup-build-1.166-2.mga3.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied
> python-pkg-resources)

I eliminated the package python-pkg-resources and put the two+ files into the basic package python-
distribute.
The reason is as stated below:

Hey!

I can see you have imported python-distribute that generates package
python-pkg-resources.

And now the problem:
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/rejected/cauldron/core/release/20130113212011.umeabot.valstar.22055.youri
- python-setuptools generates package with same name. I think you should
rename yours to python-pkg-resources-distribute or something like that.

--
Sander

--
Best regards