[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 beta 2 experiences

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Jan 26 19:00:10 CET 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013 04:50:32 PM Anne Nicolas wrote:
> Hi there
>
> The release is finally done. Isos of beta2 are available on public mirrors:
>
> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2013/01/25/time-for-tests-mageia-3-beta-2-is-out/
>
> Thanks for all the hard work. We are now in the last run. We need tests
> more than ever.
>
> Enjoy!
I downloaded the B 2 KDE Live CD ISO last night, burned a CD and put one on a USB stix
I tried to boot an older DELL Inspiron K1405 laptop.
Unfortunately, I experienced the same problem as I did with Mageia2 Live CD on several DELLs, a dark
screen at about when the login windows should show up. This worked in B1
When I hit the ESC button shortly after the boot process start, I can see the progress up to the
point where the network-up/down comes up and then the screen turns dark

I then installed the B1on the same laptop and it went pretty smoth. The one exception is, the
wireless card doesn't work as before. It wants to install the broadcom wl driver which we know
doesn't work on this box as it has the BCM4311
It worked very well with the w43 driver that was on the test Live CD (I believe from tmb)

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler