[Mageia-dev] bumblebee in mageia (and mentoring)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Jan 28 10:18:45 CET 2013

Al 15/04/12 07:08, En/na simple w8 ha escrit:

>> I have revised the specs and here they are attached.
>>
>> Is anyone available that could help me in the mentoring proccess?
>
> Well seams that last bumblebee spec missed the scriplets to handle
> systemd services.

I've been given a laptop with optimus technology.
I took the following SRPMS and rebuilt them for mageia 2:

bumblebee-3.0-11.mga3.src.rpm
dkms-acpi_call-0.1-2.mga3.src.rpm
dkms-bbswitch-0.4.2-1.mga3.src.rpm
libbsd-0.4.1-1.mga3.src.rpm
virtualgl-2.3.1-1.mga3.src.rpm

I have two issues (just FYI):

1) the [driver-nvidia] section in the configuration file should have a line

KernelDriver=nvidia-current

otherwise bumbleebed couldn't load the module and wouldn't start

2) running glxspheres with optirun, not only takes 5 seconds to start, but is slower than with the integrated graphics card (60 frames/sec. without optirun vs. 40 frames/sec. with optirun). I see they mention it in the FAQ, so this isn't probably an issue with the packages.

I'm using the 310.32 nvidia driver built with the script by Anssi Hannula
http://onse.fi/nvidia-mgabuild/

Bye
--
Luca