[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 observations

Reinout van Schouwen reinout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:29:52 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've installed the latest Mageia 3 beta with Gnome 3 and played with it a
little in the past few days.

Although I like the overall impression, there is an (almost) showstopper
for me, namely the fact that the wireless network (ath9k) doesn't work
right from the start as in Mageia 2. I filed this as bug 8758.

Working with Gnome3, I found that some gvfs back-ends weren't set up
correctly so that the file chooser couldn't access smb or ssh locations. I
had to install gvfs-smb manually as well as the openssh client. This is an
inconvenience but I'm not sure it can be categorized as a bug.

I've had two occassions of X crashing as well. This is filed as bug 8877.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen