[Mageia-dev] Cleaning up init

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Jan 29 01:03:55 CET 2013

Hi...

After a test with symlinks -r, I discovered I had /etc/rc.d full of
dangling symlinks, due to services moved to systemd.

Should an update of initscripts clean them (symlinks -rd /etd/rc.d) ?
I suppose this will also happen when people updates mga2 to mga3...

I also discovered what seem like leftovers from previous conversions in
/etc/rc.d/init.d:

- dm (native prefdm exists)
- irqbalance (package includes both, native and sysv)
- linux_logo (same, native+sysv)
- lm_sensors (idem)
- mpd (idem)
- mysqld (idem)
- portreserve (idem)

- netconsole (package is not even in the repos)
- partmon (idem)

Are we in time to correct these for Mageia 3 ?
And to switch the remins to systemd, like resolvconf or postfix ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...