[Mageia-dev] Grub2 vs. Grub Legacy in M3

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 10:29:54 CET 2013

On 29/01/13 00:26, Felix Miata wrote:

> Does M2 have current Grub2 in backports, or would it be simple enough to
> install from Cauldron repos? If so, maybe if needed and pressed I could
> find time to try installing Grub2 to its PBR. I'm not of a mind to
> replace M2 there yet, and it doesn't have space for a new installation
> of anything until I figure out what if anything I want to do about its
> crowded HD.

I keep my own backports of stuff that I am interested in, so I have just
re-built the current grub2 packages against the current Mageia2 repos
for you, you will find them here:

http://mtf.no-ip.co.uk/pub/linux/barjac/distrib/2/i586/grub2-2.00-16.mga2.i586.rpm

http://mtf.no-ip.co.uk/pub/linux/barjac/distrib/2/x86_64/grub2-2.00-16.mga2.x86_64.rpm

I did try to address your question to the lead grub2 dev last night on
irc, but he decided to go to bed at that point and suggested that I
email it instead ;)

Maybe you would like to mail him directly, as you understand the issue
better than I do.

He is Vladimir Serbinenko:
mailto:phcoder!~phcoder at 60-124.62-81.cust.bluewin.ch

Barry