[Mageia-dev] Beta32 and Broadcomm WiFi

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 19:40:39 CET 2013

Have just installed (32-bit) Mageia-3 Beta2 on my Samsung NC110 netbook.

Went into 'MCC/Network/Define new network' and selected WiFi.
It correctly showed 'Broadcom BCM43225', but then DrakConnect gave me:

   "Unable to find network interface for selected device (using wl driver)"

So looked in Network Center, and found TWO entries for WiFi:

  (1) "Broadcom BCM43225..." with no SSID's showing.
       If I hit Refresh I get:
           "Unable to find network... (as above)"

  (2) "Eth1" showing all local SSID's, and - when I select mine - it connects
and works!

   (Also, on rebooting, that SSID is connected automatically at boot.)

So, yes, Beta2 is successful with Broadcom BCM43225 WiFi,but seemingly without
needing me to use DrakConnect!

--
/\/\aurice