[Mageia-dev] Mariadb 5.5.29?

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Thu Jan 31 20:58:00 CET 2013

Op donderdag 31 januari 2013 19:47:59 schreef David Walser:
> FundaWang <fundawang at ...> writes:
> > Hello,
> > Would pushing mariadb 5.5.29 be a good choice? It seems that there are two
> > many security fixes in this release[1].
> > [1]: https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5529-release-notes/
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.  Looks like it would be good to have for Mageia
> 2 and Cauldron.

please don't.... i'm working on things...

i will stop at 5.5.28 for cauldron (and security patch it upwards) just like i
done with 5.5.25 for mga1.

perhaps in the near future we might go higher, but definately not now.

there are changes in the versioning builds, which makes our versioning hacks
fail...

this needs to be tested better; and since we're this far, i'm not planning to
update it. (for now).