[Mageia-dev] Why is AHCI statically compiled into kernel?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Mar 7 17:52:18 CET 2013

On Thursday 7. March 2013 05.38, R James wrote:
> After the installation, you can edit /boot/grub/menu.lst replacing each
> UUID=<blahblahblah> with LABEL=<DEFANGED_label>. For example:
>
> root=LABEL=mgaroot (and) resume=LABEL=swap
>
> Similarly in /etc/fstab, you can have entries like:
>
> LABEL=mgaroot  /     ext4  relatime  1 1
> LABEL=swap     swap  swap  defaults  0 0

The problem with that is in those situations where one have two partitions with the same label, such as when one install into a new and bigger disk and keeps the old disk installed. A friend of mine does that quite often.

I still prefer UUID, as those are unique.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324