[Mageia-dev] Broadcomm Wi-Fi How-To mga3, B-3

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue Mar 19 22:48:30 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 01:18:14 PM zezinho wrote:
> Em 19-03-2013 21:10, Thomas Spuhler escreveu:
> > I'll check it out. How can we install this by default instead of the
> > problematic wl-driver?
>
> The problematic wl-driver Is default because b43 driver did not even
> manage 43XXX cards. I don't have this hardware anymore, but if b43 is
> stable on this cards, ldetect lists should be updated to default to it
> instead of nonfree driver.
I have two boxes with two different bcm43xx as listed in my e-mail and both work nicely with the b43
driver but not with the wl.
How can we implement this, using the b43 driver as default?
We will have a b-4 soon and it may be good to test it. We don't have too many complaints, but
I suspect real testing will start once the RC is out.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler