[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:33:53 CET 2013

On 20 March 2013 17:50, Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>> I'm confused.
>>
>> I see your point: modules.dep and the actual driver module filenames in
>> /lib/modules use dashes in the names, while usbtable uses underscores.  So
>> why does lsmod show underscores instead of dashes ?
>>
>> Also, why do the two differ ?  If the kernel package, which one would
>> think is definitive, uses dashes, why does ldetect-lst use underscores ?
>>
> Oh, one other thing.  On the working system, harddrake shows two keyboard
> devices: a USB keyboard (PCI 0x1226/0x0034) and a LiteON USB Keyboard (PCI
> 0x04ca/0x0022).  Neither of these appear in usbtable.  Or is the problem
> with *any* USB device because of the ehci-*** modules that are needed ?

That's because modules.alias enables to match through wildchars.

eg for ehci (see either /sbin/modinfo ehci_pci or
"fgrep ehci /lib/modules/3.8.3-desktop-2.mga3/modules.alias"):

alias pci:v0000104Ad0000CC00sv*sd*bc*sc*i* ehci_pci
alias pci:v*d*sv*sd*bc0Csc03i20* ehci_pci

That means that ehci matches both:
- 0x104A 0xCC00 (probably a device that reports a broken/bogus class)
- any PCI device whose class is PCI_CLASS_SERIAL_USB_EHCI

Note that for this one:
- lsmod reports ehci_pci
- modinfo reports the real fs path: ehci-pci
- lspci -vvk reports: ehci-pci