[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Mar 20 20:47:07 CET 2013

Op woensdag 20 maart 2013 12:50:06 schreef Frank Griffin:
> On 03/20/2013 12:34 PM, Frank Griffin wrote:
> > I'm confused.
> >
> > I see your point: modules.dep and the actual driver module filenames
> > in /lib/modules use dashes in the names, while usbtable uses
> > underscores.  So why does lsmod show underscores instead of dashes ?
> >
> > Also, why do the two differ ?  If the kernel package, which one would
> > think is definitive, uses dashes, why does ldetect-lst use underscores ?
>
> Oh, one other thing.  On the working system, harddrake shows two
> keyboard devices: a USB keyboard (PCI 0x1226/0x0034) and a LiteON USB
> Keyboard (PCI 0x04ca/0x0022).  Neither of these appear in usbtable.  Or
> is the problem with *any* USB device because of the ehci-*** modules
> that are needed ?

1. since ages already, modprobe accepts with - or with _ it makes no
difference,
2. lsmod will always show _.
3. lstdetect (used in stage1) uses _ only.
4. stage1 manual module uses it based on filename/modules.dep, so it keeps
original - or _  ==> this is what i'll write a patch for. to convert in table
before displaying manual check.

then, i'll also try to write a detect XenDevices procedure (like the virtIO
that i've seen).