[Mageia-dev] Fw: Wifi

Trish Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sat Mar 23 03:09:56 CET 2013

Hi all,

This seems to be an ongoing issue - can someone please help me with an
answer for this user?

Cheers!

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:17:09 -0400
From: Jason Kaiser <jasonhowardkaiser at gmail.com>
To: contact at mageia.org
Subject: Wifi

Dear Team Mageia,
I seriously wanted to love your OS, but I was not even able to connect
to the internet via wifi.  I'm not green--I've been using computers for
30 years and building them for about 15 of those years.  I have
installed about every OS known to man, but much as I wanted to LOVE
Mageia, it just DOESN'T WORK WITH MY WIFI ADAPTER.  After several hours
of chat logs and discussions, I decided that it wasn't worth it.  There
are other OS's.  I am running a Dell with an Intel i3 and  I have to
say that every single OS loads fine and recognizes my wifi adapter with
no hassle at all. Mageia is different.  It just doesn't work.  There is
so much I have to do to get it to recognize my Intel adapter--it's
crazy and far beyond what any rational person would go through to get
their computer connected to the Internet.  I seriously hope that this
is fixed because I really look forward to using Mageia.  It looks
great, but without the ability to get online, it's useless to me.

Thank you,
Jason Kaiser

--
Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V -35.67910, 142.66607
Sat Mar 23 13:08:33 EST 2013