[Mageia-dev] SFML 2

Florent Monnier monnier.florent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 17:53:58 CET 2013

Hi D.

I would suggest providing SFML 2.0 for Mageia 3.
SFML 2.0 is not "officially" released yet, but it's only because the
upstream want to polish the web site before it. There is a very high
probability that the current git version will be the 2.0 release. And
anyway it's been a while that the SFML community recommand not using
SFML 1.6 anymore.

Anyway you could create sfml2.spec and assign it a git version (I mean
not version=2.0).
Also I would suggest providing both dynamic and static libraries.
Static libraries would also require there dependencies to be static.
Indeed there are indies around using it and some of them are not
familiar with how to build for Linux and they provide binaries with
issues to their Linux users.

--
Best Regards