[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting tonight (26/03/3013, 20h UTC)

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 16:04:17 CET 2013

Le 26/03/2013 15:30, David Walser a écrit :
>> AFAUI, the nss_ldap+pam_ldap should be replced by the nss-pam-ldapd+sssd
>> combo no? If so, then a further couple of tweaks are needed in drakauth
>> methinks.
>
> I thought you could use one or the other (nss-pam-ldapd/sssd)?
Exactly. And sssd is much more than just nss-pam-ldapd, it also deals
with nss resources caching (as nscd), credentials caching (as
pam_ccreds), and multiple user account databases.

> Also, something should really obsolete the nss_ldap/pam_ldap packages so they
> get replaced with something else that works for people that already have them
> installed.  If that's done, pam_ldap will be automatically removed from the
> mirrors anyway.  Probably nss-pam-ldapd is the right place to do this.
Just installing nss-pam-ldapd won't make it works automagically, so the
added value of making it obsoleting pam_ldap and nss_ldap is very
discussable, as it will turn something working (with obsolete software)
unto something non-working.

Also, recurrent argument as 'we should obsoletes X so as to remove it
from mirror' is still a non-sense. Removing content on the mirror is an
internal administrative issue.

The whole issue should rather be documented in release notes, so as to
have admins handle the upgrade explicitely, rather than trying to
adresse it automagically.
--
BOFH excuse #391:

We already sent around a notice about that.