[Mageia-dev] Apache doesn't always like restarting....

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Mar 27 19:46:45 CET 2013

Op woensdag 27 maart 2013 15:44:48 schreef Guillaume Rousse:
> Le 27/03/2013 15:09, AL13N a écrit :
> > the other day i tried to get cores, but somehow unlimited meant 0 meant no
> > core at all
>
> You need to set LimitCORE=infinity in unit file, according to
> systemd.exec man page. And you probably need the adequate sysctl setting
> (kernel.core_pattern) to ensure the core file get dumped into a
> predictible directory.

actually, no, setting LimitCORE=infinity (also our default as shown with
systemctl show *.service) ends up with the actual limit being 0 as shown by
prlimit. (this was with help from #systemd people)

moreover, the systemd is compiled without coredump functionality, and that
seems to have an effect on this and disallows one to configure systemd-coredump
(which isn't build nor packaged) for usage with integrated coredumps with the
systemd-coredump-ctl executable, (which is packaged).

@colin, so please, fix these 2 issues (first one looks like a systemd issue;
while the second one is a packaging issue)