[Mageia-dev] Last versions of programs concerning Computer Assisted Music

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Fri Mar 29 17:44:07 CET 2013

Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Barry Jackson at 29/03/13 09:31 did gyre and gimble:
>> BTW there was no need to use all the ../../ just removing %{buildroot}
>> on the target is enough.
>
> Yup. All symlinks will be converted to relative ones by the packaging
> script anyway (which is useful to not create broken symlinks in chroots
> etc.)
>
> Col

Hi !
Just back from work I tested it

Yes !!!!

Thanks Barry and Colin
Everything is OK now !
:-)

and indeed the script converted all the symlinks paths into exhaustive
relative paths
for instance :
%{_datadir}/%{name}/icons/ardour_icon_${i}px.png
becomes
../../../../../../usr/share/ardour3/icons/ardour_icon_16px.png
when starting from
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/ardour3.png

You may, you can submit   now ;-)

(Mageia3 will be the first distribution embedding a working and
localized final release of Ardour3 !)

PS I discovered a clone copy of one of our first beta spec files
applied to the final source tarball in an other distro, (we can
recognize our Mageia's touch)
but it won't be localized (it was a little tricky to find how to !)

Thanks to both of you for teaching, correcting, explaining ....

Regards