[Mageia-discuss] GUI tools

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 18:00:42 CEST 2010

Op zondag 19 september 2010 17:54:56 schreef Tux99:
> Lawrence, I can't speak for the devs but my understanding is that Mageia
> will keep everything that makes Mandriva unique and great, which IMHO
> means more than anything else urpmi and the draktools.
>
> If Mageia starts to change these things then it will quickly alienate
> many users. Continuity is crucial to take over the Mandriva userbase.
>
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Lawrence A Fossi wrote:
> > Will urpmi be a part of mageia?
> > If not then perhaps Smart will be considered as the default package
> > handler. While the gui is not flashy it's powerful flexible and offers a
> > few features that isn't available in the MCC implementation.

i agree, they work, are great, and people know these to be good, we need a MCC
with everything on it.

some of those are a bit dated, and we could clean up some of the code, but i
want to keep those.

i do plan for some modifications to make installing with network-related
storage easier, but that's another thing.