[Mageia-discuss] GUI tools

Daniel Le Berre le.berred at free.fr
Sun Sep 19 18:33:15 CEST 2010

Le 19/09/2010 18:14, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> Op zondag 19 september 2010 17:57:54 schreef Jan Ciger:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
>>> Lawrence, I can't speak for the devs but my understanding is that Mageia
>>> will keep everything that makes Mandriva unique and great, which IMHO
>>> means more than anything else urpmi and the draktools.
>>>
>>> If Mageia starts to change these things then it will quickly alienate
>>> many users. Continuity is crucial to take over the Mandriva userbase.
>>
>> That is one thing, but more importantly - what is wrong with urpmi? I
>> think that out of rpm-based package managers it is one of the best.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jan
>
> it is the best package manager. however everything can improve and i am having
> some small improvement ideas, but those are for a later time.

urpmi is the main reason why I kept using Mandrake/Mandriva for 12 years
(started using Linux 17 years ago).

One small thing regarding updates:
closing first thunderbird or firefox before updating them if they are
active would avoid the user to have to kill those processes by hand
afterward :)

Daniel