[Mageia-discuss] mandrivausers.org

Harijs Buss harijs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:27:04 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM, herman <herman at aeronetworks.ca> wrote:

> The news around the fork is bound to generate a new round of enthusiasm
> and new users should be encouraged.

New users for Mageia (not seen yet) or new customers for Mandriva company?

> So, all new users coming here to figure out what the fork noise is all
> about, should be steered to the regular Mandriva downloads and
> mandrivausers.org.  They should not be discouraged from using Mandriva.

I think it would be essential for existing users of Mandriva to see
clearly the position of Mageia vs. Mandriva.

Pardon my "politically incorrect" questions, but nevertheless:

1) Is Mageia just a publicity stunt to generate some more users for
the same Mandriva, as it might be understood from your letter?

2) Is Mageia a "better Mandriva" keeping good values of Mandriva, as
it might be understood from Jerome Quelin letter in
http://lwn.net/Articles/406058/  ?

3) Is Mageia some completely new distribution to be built from scratch
and having nothing in common with Mandriva Linux, as it might be
understood from several letters here in mageia-discuss list?

So, which is real position of Mageia (if any)?

Harijs