[Mageia-discuss] mandrivausers.org

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 19 16:51:32 CEST 2010

2010/9/19 P. Christeas <p_christ at hol.gr>:

> If so, I would  rephrase that statement:
> Mageia has forked the Mandriva company, where the distro had been developed so
> far. This means that the Mageia project is and will forever be an autonomous
> project, not depending on the Mandriva company. Mageia is free, community
> based.

Well, strictly speaking you are mixing 2 different things:
Mandriva (the company) is one thing and Mandriva Linux is another. The
name "Mandriva Linux" belongs to the company, as the logo and maybe
some images do. But the distribution "Mandriva Linux" belongs to
nobody and is as free and autonomous as Mageia or any other community
based distribution.