[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Dale Huckeby spock at evansville.net
Mon Sep 20 02:52:58 CEST 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Jean Peyratout wrote:

>> ./. I like the image just as it is. It evokes the idea of
>> magic without looking silly. Really good design.
>
> + 1
>
> Fair wizardry, no fear...
> The simplest the best, thanks to Malcer.

Um, that's not the one I was praising. It was http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4062/mageia1.jpg.
The latter is a clean and modern design, evocative of the name, slightly mysterious with the flames
rising from the orb, just a really, really nice design. Cuddly penguins and what always looked like
a star-shaped pillow always left me feeling faintly embarrassed at the amateurish look. This one
doesn't look amateurish at all.

Dale Huckeby