[Mageia-discuss] Which is the governing structure?

Olivier Méjean omejean at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 20 09:04:06 CEST 2010

Miguel a écrit
> Hello,
>
> By now, there is a lot of buzz and noise and excitement, but for the
> long run, this is not enough.
>
> We need to organize ourselves. For example:
>
> * We need to register the association/organization in at least one
> country. Hopefully, Mandriva SA will not strike back, but we cannot
> guarantee.
>
> * We need an executive gov. to take decisions. I propose one/two
> members per community and two or three ex-developers. Maybe, there
> will be two many people, so at most, 10 people. And then an assembly
> system.
>
> * We need a voting system. Who can vote?
>
> * Any account manager?
>
> There are much administrative work to be done before starting to pack
> and compile a single program. Probably, you are already working on it,
> but somebody has to ask if we are on the right direction.

The announcement says

« A not-for-profit organization will be set up in the coming days and it will
be managed by a board of community members. After the first year this board
will be regularly elected by committed community members. »

Promoters of Mageia know they need to set up lots of things, i guess that all
this craze for Mageia has gone beoynd all imagining, showing that expectation
for such a projet is huge.

Patience is then needed, i am sure that soon all skills will be useful !

--
Olivier Méjean
Président de l'Association des Utilisateurs Francophones de Mandriva Linux