[Mageia-discuss] finalising my mageia branding logo look

Thomas Lottmann skiperdrake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:02:37 CEST 2010

> <dglent at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> http://i0.simplest-image-hosting.net/168bf183b2abe8bc9188aacc163dd507/rect10332.png
>> http://i0.simplest-image-hosting.net/168bf183b2abe8bc9188aacc163dd507/rect13596.png

Because it is currently the best logo I have seen so far, I have a few
suggestions to give it a final shape.

1. Use a white background only for your logo. It must be clear and look
good everywhere it is would be placed and used.
By the way, I really like the shadow, even though it looks a little bit
too low perhaps.

2. A really liked the various colours you applied to the letters
previously. It is really fashionable, and contrasted a little with the
serious font you have chosen, offering an interesting balance between
the serious and the eye candy in the logo.

3. The logo, as an image, is currently limited to the name and it's
letters. There is no icon in the logo that could represent the
distribution by itself. Yet, I do see on your pics some blue bubbles
going up on the right. You should try to replace them by something that
would clearly remember the magic there has always been in the system
since Mandrake : flying stars I would say.
VirtualBox OSE has done a representation of all the major Linux distros,
ours included, but without copying exactly the logos (except for
Ubuntu). You can probably inspire yourself from this :
http://www.virtualbox.org/about_1600px.png

What I mean here is that your logo is, according to me, the most
polished and the one who just feels the best I believe. The only detail
missing is important : the identity to which we have been attached to
for so long. Add the magic in your logo and it should be among the best
suggestions for good. :-)

You will also have to deliver a monochromatic version of your logo, once
it will be finished, once again on a white/transparent background.