[Mageia-discuss] UK user community?

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Mon Sep 20 13:41:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Other countries seem to be organising user communities, but I've
> not seen anything for the UK. Perhaps it is easier for some other
> countries as they already had active Mandriva user communities - I
> never managed to find one for the UK, so perhaps it never existed!
>
> Has anybody set up anything for UK Mageia users? If not, would
> anybody from the UK be prepared to help me to start something?

I'd help! I'm in Poland, but I'd be interested in helping with any UK
English localisation, and supporting and following UK group
activities - including any marketing, because it's my nearest
English-speaking country and my English is UK English, not US
English. I use a UK keyboard, I use Euros and GBP, I use EN-GB
dictionaries and thesauruses...

While I agree that a complete repo is a good thing, local user/action
groups make it possible to actually organise a large number of
people, and to receive ideas from them in manageable chunks...

Just an idea...

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E