[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 21 16:55:04 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-21 10:32, Pierre Pmithrandir a écrit :
 > Why not using one big forum with one section by language ?
 >
 > I don't think they are going to have tons of subsections right now.
 >
 > But even with that, it's something we can manage I think with group.
 >
 > When you register, you set up the language you want access to.
 > Automatically you subscribe to a group for each language and that
give you access to all the section dedicated to your language.

 > Can't be possible ?
 > Pierre

I think the word that we have heard over and over, from users, is that
the localized groups would rather have their own forums setup. Wolfgang
suggested that there would be a link, presumably in the forums section,
that would re-direct people to their localized forums.

In a perfect setup, the Mageia forums would have a localized section on
their own main forum board and manage the localized sections themselves.
But it doesn't sound like people want this. It sounds like people would
rather go to a localization.mageia.org (or mageia.org/localization) site
where all services are rendered in their language. It may, in fact, be
easier to manage things this way. The mageia.org main site would
essentially be the hub (in English) where the flow of localized
(language) were coordinated through localized.mageia.org sites

Or am I hearing things wrong?

Marc