[Mageia-discuss] suggestion

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:32:33 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 david <david.naura at laposte.net>:
>  Hello all,
> Forking Mandriva is a good idea especially after the focus that Mandriva
> will give on servers, ignoring desktop users.
> I've just created my company to promote Mandriva desktop to small companies
> and individuals... bad choice :( !

Although I am a Mageia advocate by my own choice I'd like to correct this:
Mandriva did not say they will ignore the desktop. They just shut down
desktop distribution development in Europe and will open/renew it in
Brazil. As to Mandriva's statements the next release of the desktop
distribution 2011.0 is planned for 2nd quarter of 2011.

Whether they will really release by then, whether the quality will be
the same as before, this is in the future and nobody can tell.